Welcome to my blog!

This is my blog, Just Chipper. You would think it's going to be chalk-full of pictures and stories about the love of my life, my Lhasa Apso, Chipper. Oh, it will, mind you. But, dig deeper, and you'll discover all that makes me smile, and cry, and laugh, and sigh, because this blog is reintroducing creativity into my life. Something I once treasured, but somehow lost. I lost my dad to cancer in May 2007. Somehow, that's when I lost my creativity. I still think about him every single day. Well, minute really. My dad lived life to its fullest. He was "Just Chipper" when asked how he was doing. This blog is my tribute to him and the family that I love and hold dearest to my heart.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Spice Em Up (Pecans, that is....)

These pecans have a bite, but are addicting.  Whether in a salad or just to pop a few in your mouth, they will leave you feeling warm all over....  Enjoy!

2 Egg Whites
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
3/4 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons Hungarian Paprika (I used just plain ole' Paprika)
1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
4 1/2 cups Pecan Halves
6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Beat egg whites w/ salt until foamy.  Add sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and cayenne.  Spread pecans evenly on a baking sheet.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes; cool.  Store in an airtight container.  Pecans will keep for quite a while (unless you're like me and sneak a few handfuls here and there~)



colorado classique cookbook, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment